Thursday, November 29, 2007

Political thoughts

Polls here in Iowa have Mike Huckabee leading with a little over four weeks until the Iowa Caucus. People here in Iowa really take their caucus seriously on both sides of the aisle. I am constantly being hounded by the Obama people. Part of this is my own fault because I gave them my number and second because I am registered as an Independent. I tend to be more conservative however there is something appealing about Obama. I think because he is just different than Clinton and Edwards. I loved seeing Bill on TV during his administration I even voted for him because he had something special about him in 92. I may have been the only College Republican to vote for him ever. Huckabee is also growing on me, you may remember I mentioned him as a possible VP candidate with Rudy. I am tired of Mitt Romney and wish he would go away. It has nothing to do with him being a Mormon he just strikes me as disingenuous and will say whatever it takes to get elected, much like Hillary Clinton. I know he picked up some endorsement from the co-founder of the Christian Coalition for his sterling Conservative principles. Like his support for abortion? Like I said he will do anything and say anything to get elected, do we really need another leader like that?

No comments: