Friday, November 16, 2007

Barry Bonds indicted


I am not a huge Barry Bonds fan. It has nothing to do with his play on the field. I think he is probably one of the best hitters to ever play baseball, I think he was a first ballot Hall of Fame inductee prior to the alleged steroid/HGH use. Most of what bothers me is the things I've heard about his conduct in the clubhouse and dealings with the media. If it plays out that he did use the drugs the only question I would have is why? You were in the Pantheon why ruin it? I also think that Mark McGuire is getting a free pass in this all. Being an asshole is not a crime but lying to a grand jury is. I believe that Barry is innocent until proven guilty but with the perception that he is guilty already in peoples minds I wonder if he will ever be able to get a fair trial. An asterisk by his name is the least of his worries.

No comments: