Thursday, October 4, 2007

Close but no cigar.

I thought that the Cubs had a chance of winning this game last night. Zambrano was on but so was Brandon Webb. Zambrano went six strong innings striking out eight, I can see why Pinella pulled him thinking he would need him for game four and he put in Marmol who has been lights out as well. However you need to win game one or there maybe no game four. Part of the problem is that your number one and two hitters, Soriano and Jones, were a combined 0-9 last night. That would not have been too bad if Ramirez, Floyd and Soto had not gone 0-11. Plus they left a ton of runners in scoring position you can't win in the post season if you don't produce.

I am a little disappointed with Soriano, I have been all season but last night exemplified it. Webb decided to pitch him like opposing pitchers pitched to Cerrano in file Major League; throw him a fast ball he hits it throw him a curve or anything off speed and he can't hit it. So I beg Soriano to do what Pedro Cerrano did in that epic film: Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.

Make it a double for Jobu bartendar and Alfonso try looking at a pitch or two no more one pitch one out. Please

No comments: