Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You better not shout, you better not cry

Because K Fuk is coming to town! The Cubs landed Kosuke Fukudome yesterday. He signed a four year $50 million dollar deal. And did I mention that he is coming off of elbow surgery and spent the final two months of his Japanese teams season on the disabled list? Thank God he is not a pitcher I can't wait for the signs next season extolling K-Fuk springing up in the bleachers. I think they are hoping that he turns out to be another Ichiro or Hideki Matsui, time will tell. I guess you will have an outfield of Soriano, Pie and Fukudome. The Cubs seem unwilling to pronounce Pie a bust and move on but I am sure that will be obvious again this season. I can't wait for the Fukudome press conference I hope he shows up dressed like Long Duck Dong from Sixteen Candles and talks about Grandpa Baker's hyena not getting irritated. I can dream can't I?

No comments: