Friday, December 14, 2007

For some reason I attract these people

I originally was going to title this post "We grow them stupid here in Iowa" however when I reflected on this I remembered when I lived in Illinois and Indiana I had nut job neighbors who believed this crap as well. So I am wondering if this is a Midwestern problem? What is this crap you ask? Let me take you back to Tuesday night. I went to the mailbox and I noticed an envelope with a return address that I did not recognize and I decided to open it, in retrospect I should have tossed it. I pull out the papers and It is a photocopy of an article about why the media is ignoring Ron Paul. The reason according to them is that he opposes the "New World Order" and one world government and supports evicting the UN from US soil. I am not a huge fan of the UN but I don't buy into any of these conspiracy theories. The next page is an introductory letter from a guy from a town North of me. He tells me he was born on the "day the bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki". It must have been a long labor because Hiroshima was bombed on August 6th and Nagasaki three days later on the 9th. He then goes on to enlighten me about how the American Civil War was fought because of the Pope's hatred of our Constitution. No mention of states rights or slavery Pius IX hated our freedom of religion and our ability to choose something other than Roman Catholicism. Interesting. The Papacy is currently waging war against Muslims, Buddhists, and Christians. I thought Catholics are Christians? After this diatribe he goes on to try to sell me a fireplace! Why do I seem to attract these people? Everywhere I have lived these people find me I wish the would loose me.

No comments: