Thursday, December 6, 2007

Dumbest question ever



Last night my daughter and I went to the Iowa/Iowa State women's basketball game. Before the game began we were talking to the people who were sitting around us when the inevitable question was asked "where are you from originally"? I told them I was from Chicago, next question was "how do you like Iowa"? I told them I like it but I miss Chicago. Then it happened "What does Chicago have that Des Moines does not"? I politely sipped my diet Coke and smiled afterwards my daughter said it was the stupidest thing she ever heard. So TDizzle has come up with a list now this is not exhaustive just what came to mind and in no particular order

Things Chicago has that Des Moines does not

  1. 3 million people
  2. Better pizza and hot dogs
  3. World class museums and theatre
  4. Michigan Avenue shopping
  5. Marshall Fields on State Street (it is now Macy's but it will always be Fields to me)
  6. State Street
  7. The Beloved White Sox, Bulls and Bears (DSM has the I-Cubs who at times have been better than the Chicago Cubs)
  8. Hot women
  9. Beautiful parks and beaches
  10. A majestic skyline, I love to drive up Lake Shore Drive and get that first glimpse of the skyline
  11. Architecture
  12. Diversity

I will admit I am a little biased but I loved every minute of working downtown just being able to walk around absorb the energy. There are things I love about being in Iowa and my quality of life here but I will always be a Chicagoan at heart.

No comments: