Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Cubs trade for Harden



Chicago Cubs fans are excited about this trade for Rich Harden, and they did not give up much to get him. The combination of Gallagher, Patterson, Murton and a minor leager is actually pretty small price to pay. I wonder if Harden is just Mark Prior in disguise, I thought I heard on the radio he has been on the DL nine times in six year, however the article says six times. Harden is signed until the end of next year so at least he is not a rent a player. I am a big Murton fan and I hate to see him go, Patterson I could take him or leave him. On a side note at an Iowa Cubs game I attended six weeks ago Patterson was on first when Felix Pie came to bat. Pie hit a towering fly ball to the catcher and Patterson took off running and was standing on third when the ball was caught, the catcher threw it to first for an inning ending double play. Don't get me wrong I am not a Cubs hater, I hate Cubs fans, would I be happy if they win the World Series, yes. I would be happier if the Sox win it though

No comments: