Friday, February 29, 2008

Thoughts on ISU vs Kansas. The White Fro lives!

Wednesday night I had the pleasure to attend the Iowa State University vs. Kansas men's basketball game at Hilton Coliseum. Hilton is a great place to watch a basketball game, I know a lot of ISU alumni say this however I am not an alumnus of ISU and I agree with them. I was amazed that this game was close; Kansas 75 ISU 64. ISU missed a ton of shots and had they made half of them they would have won this game. Darrell Arthur looked like a stud and Brandon Rush who I thought was supposed to be a lottery pick a few years ago had a solid game however during half time my daughter and I witnessed the white fro. We were walking to the concession stand and Angela says to me "look dad it's Jackie Moon"! Of course I was torn between pride and laughter that my thirteen year old has develop a rapier wit beyond her years. I wish I had taken a picture at this proud coif out in the wild to share with you but it was not meant to be. Like my friend Chris said "in Iowa it's always 1987".

No comments: